Black Pasta in Shrimp Garlic Cream Sauce
This is a unique black pasta “ First Course “ for a dinner party. I think this black squid ink pasta course is so special because of the unique colors. I like to make different things for my guests, not many have ever tasted black squid ink pasta. It is sometimes hard to find, super markets usually do not carry it, I found it at a gourmet deli in Bangkok.
- 4 ounces Black Squid Ink Pasta
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Nutmeg, freshly grated to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 frozen cooked Shrimp thawed, tails intact (61 – 70 count)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 4 chive stems for garnish
- Prepare squid ink pasta according to package directions.
- In a skillet over medium high heat melt butter, sauté garlic and shallots for 2 minutes; add white wine; simmer until reduced by one half.
- Add broth and cream, lower the temperature and simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat; add nutmeg, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto serving plates.
- Twirl the squid ink strands around a long-tined fork, slide off onto the sauce plates.
- Add shrimp, cheese, chives and serve.